Research and Development
R&D and Engineering Solutions
Electric Armor Door Overview
- Weld in assembly consists of door frame/hinge, Door and actuator.
- Employs high torque Gear motor and drive linkage.
- Large Perimeter Knife blade edge seal.
- Power off, the force to open the door is < 50 lb.
- The electronics and mechanisms are Door mounted.
- The 500 lb Door operations are possible with the vehicle is at 60% slope.
- Door has < 8 second open time.
- Left and Right hand door operators.
Safety & Control
- Door movement stops via: push button, IR sensor, jam sensor, pressure switch, and emergency stop. Dual operation controls.
- Door movement may be stop and started in any position.
- Horizontal door opening, (serves as shield during egress/ingress)
- In compliance with UL 325, FCC Part 15 (Emissions) and the following International Standards: EN 60335-1 and -2 (Safety), EN 61000-6-2 (Immunity) and EN 61000-6-4 (Emissions). Operational control meets ANSI 156.10
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) 24 V
- Multi-speed regenerative motor driver.
- Absolute position sensor.
- Input/Output 24 volt DC (Operation buttons and safety devices)
- 110V AC supply.
- 1/8 Horsepower 90 volt DC gear motor.
- NEMA 4 electronic enclosure.
- Self Supporting rigid 3D structure.
- All Wheel Independent Suspension
- Symmetrical Layout
- Mid Engine
- Selectable Frame Length
- Four Wheel Drive
- Low Center of Mass and Silhouette.
- Armor Frame